Get back common education costs
You're in school, ready to graduate. You've paid tuition, and need to pay back student loans once you're working.
TurboTax is a great way to help you claim a whole bunch of common education credits, like:
- Tuition (up to $400/month you were in school)
- Books (up to $65/month you were in school)
- Expenses related to research grants
With student taxes, there are dozens of scenarios. TurboTax Student makes sense of them all.
And other education costs too
Education costs aren't just located in the classroom or hallways. After all, transportation and residence aren't free.
With TurboTax Student, you can help put some of that money back in your pocket by:
- Claiming moving costs if you moved over 40km to attend school
- Deducting some of your meal costs
- Claiming the cost of certain student ID cards
As you near graduation, it's nice to have a few extra bucks along with your degree and mortarboard.
TurboTax Student Online Edition
$17.99 - Completely free for students who qualify
Designed for common post-secondary student tax situations. TurboTax Student Online Edition helps you claim tip income & tuition transfers to expenses like textbooks and public transit.
You qualify to use TurboTax Student Online Edition if:
- You paid tuition during the 2012 tax year (you have a T2202A or TL11 slip), and
- Your household income doesn't exceed $20,000 gross (before taxes)