CRA & Revenu Québec

Tax Tip: Who to Contact About Canada Federal Taxes?


If you have questions regarding Canadian federal taxes, contact the Canada Revenue Agency.

Most questions about personal and business taxes can be answered via the automated Tax Information Phone Service (TIPS) at (800) 267-6999.

If you wish to speak to a CRA representative about your taxes, the CRA website includes a directory for different departments and local offices that deal with issues ranging from personal tax returns to business taxes.

Before calling, have your social insurance number and tax records ready. CRA needs you to provide this information as proof of identity before discussing your account.

References & Resources

Key Concepts

  • Contact Canada taxes
  • Canadian tax questions
  • Canadian tax contacts