Has your mailing address changed this tax year?

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requests notice of a change of address as soon as possible. You can update your information online using the CRA’s My Account service, or by calling the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. The Agency also accepts address changes by mail. To change your address by mail complete and sign Form RC325, or send a letter to your local tax centre. Include your social insurance number, new address, date of move and be sure to sign the letter.

Using CRA’s MyAccount service to submit a change of address

Here are four ways you can notify the CRA you’re changing your address:

  • Online: Visit your My Account portal on the CRA website. You may register for free if you do not have an account.
  • By Phone: Call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281
  • By mail or fax to your local tax centre:
    • Complete and submit form RC325 (Address Change Request)
    • Or send a letter containing your Social Insurance Number, signature, new address, and the date you’re moving or have moved.
  • By filing your annual tax return: 
    • If NETFILE, link to your CRA MyAccount from your tax preparation software.
    • If submitting a paper return, indicate your new address on your tax forms.

You may also submit your new address to the Government of Canada through the following departments:

References & Resource

Key Concepts

  • change address taxes
  • address changes CRA
  • new address taxes