Has your mailing address changed this tax year?
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requests notice of a change of address as soon as possible. You can update your information online using the CRA’s My Account service, or by calling the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. The Agency also accepts address changes by mail. To change your address by mail complete and sign Form RC325, or send a letter to your local tax centre. Include your social insurance number, new address, date of move and be sure to sign the letter.
Here are four ways you can notify the CRA you’re changing your address:
- Online: Visit your My Account portal on the CRA website. You may register for free if you do not have an account.
- By Phone: Call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281
- By mail or fax to your local tax centre:
- Complete and submit form RC325 (Address Change Request)
- Or send a letter containing your Social Insurance Number, signature, new address, and the date you’re moving or have moved.
- By filing your annual tax return:
- If NETFILE, link to your CRA MyAccount from your tax preparation software.
- If submitting a paper return, indicate your new address on your tax forms.
You may also submit your new address to the Government of Canada through the following departments:
References & Resource
- change address taxes
- address changes CRA
- new address taxes