When a T slip is issued, a copy of the slip is sent by the provider to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Using your Social Insurance Number (SIN), these copies are assigned to you and are then housed in an online portal known as your CRA My Account. Auto-fill my return allows you to import your current year T slips beginning in early March.

Auto-fill my return assigns all of the T slip information to the proper spots in your tax return. T slips available for import in 2018 include:

  • T3, Statement of Trust Income Allocations and Designations
  • T4, Statement of Remuneration Paid
  • T4A, Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income
  • T4A(OAS), Statement of Old Age Security
  • T4A(P), Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits
  • T4E, Statement of Employment Insurance and Other Benefits
  • T4RIF, Statement of Income from a Registered Retirement Income Fund
  • T4RSP, Statement of Registered Retirement Savings Plan Income
  • T5, Statement of Investment Income
  • T5007, Statement of Benefits
  • T5008, Statement of Securities Transactions
  • RC62, Universal Child Care Benefit Statement
  • RC210, Working Income Tax Benefit Advance Payments Statement
  • registered retirement savings plan contribution receipt
  • PRPP, Pooled registered pension plan
  • T1204, Government Service Contract Payments

In order to use Auto-fill my return, you must be a CRA My Account holder. If you don’t already have a CRA My Account, sign up.