If you find yourself wishing there were more hours in day, you should check out Yukon. Also known as the “land of the midnight sun”, Yukon boasts almost continuous sun for three months a year.
Yukon has a tax system similar to other Canadian provinces. Many of the provincial taxes and credits for residents of Yukon compliment similar credits at the federal level, but there are many unique credits for residents of Yukon.
Progressive Tax Rate Structure
As with most provinces, Yukon uses a progressive tax structure. The tax brackets increase each year, based on inflation. Visit the Yukon Government’s Income Tax Rates page for this year’s tax bracket rates.
Yukon’s Tax Brackets for Tax Year 2019
- 6.40%: first $47,630
- 9.00%: over $47,631 up to $95,259
- 10.90%: over $95,260 up to $147,667
- 12.80%: over $147,668 up to $500,000
- 15.00%: over %500,000
- First Nations Income Tax Credit: This credit is available to people living on Yukon First Nations Settlement Lands of an eligible First Nation. Learn more.
To learn more about the Yukon Tax Credits, please click here.
TurboTax has been serving Canadians since 1993. It is the #1 selling tax preparation software across the country. We have a variety of product options to serve every individual’s needs. Recently added a LIVE service to enable our customers to have access to tax experts at the tip of your fingers. Go ahead and give it a try! Easy to use with a choice of support options to assist you with all your taxation needs.
References & Resources:
Provincial tax brackets
- Alberta Tax Brackets
- British Columbia Tax Brackets
- Manitoba Tax Brackets
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tax Brackets
- New Brunswick Tax Brackets
- Northwest Territories Tax Brackets
- Nova Scotia Tax Brackets
- Nunavut Tax Brackets
- Ontario Tax Brackets
- Prince Edward Island Tax Brackets
- Québec Tax Brackets
- Saskatchewan Tax Brackets
- Yukon Tax Brackets