It’s the home of the artful and athletic Cirque du Soleil, and also the tasty but mostly unhealthy poutine. Québec: the province with a little something for everyone!
Québec has a tax system similar to other Canadian provinces. Many of the provincial taxes and credits for residents of Québec compliment similar credits at the federal level, but there are many unique credits for residents of Québec.
Progressive Tax Rate Structure
As with most provinces, Québec uses a progressive tax structure. The tax brackets increase each year, based on inflation. Visit Revenu Québec’s Income Tax Rates page for this year’s tax bracket rates.
Québec’s Income Tax Brackets for 2019 Tax Year
- 15% the first portion of taxable income up to $43,790
- 20% on the portion over $43,790 but no more than $87,575
- 24% on the portion over $87,575 but no more than $106,555
- 25.75% on the portion of taxable income over $106,555
Québec Provincial Tax Credits
- Solidarity Tax Credit: This is a credit for low and middle-income families. Your income and family make-up help determine your eligibility. Learn more.
- RénoVert Tax Credit: This credit encourages eco-friendly renovation. If updated your home to make is more energy efficient, this credit is for you. Learn more.
- Tax Credit for Top – Level Athletes: If you are recognized as a top-level athlete by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur and resided in Québec on Dec 31, you can claim this refundable credit. Learn more.
For more details on the available credits for Québec residents, please click here.
TurboTax has been serving Canadians since 1993. It is the #1 selling tax preparation software across the country. We have a variety of product options to serve every individual’s needs. Recently added a LIVE service to enable our customers to have access to tax experts at the tip of your fingers. Go ahead and give it a try! Easy to use with a choice of support options to assist you with all your taxation needs.
References & Resources:
Provincial tax brackets
- Alberta Tax Brackets
- British Columbia Tax Brackets
- Manitoba Tax Brackets
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tax Brackets
- New Brunswick Tax Brackets
- Northwest Territories Tax Brackets
- Nova Scotia Tax Brackets
- Nunavut Tax Brackets
- Ontario Tax Brackets
- Prince Edward Island Tax Brackets
- Québec Tax Brackets
- Saskatchewan Tax Brackets
- Yukon Tax Brackets