Yes! You heard right, our TurboTax Free Online edition is 100% free of charge to prepare and file your tax return. FREE FREE FREE
What’s the Catch?
There’s no catch! From students, self-employed, salaried employees, investors, small business owners, and everyone in between, yes seniors too. TurboTax Free Online we’ve always you covered. There is no income limit or restrictions for age or income type. Our free software has all the forms and schedules you need to get your taxes done right.
5 Reasons to File with TurboTax Free:
- Free means Free!
- The most appealing reason to file with free is that it costs you nothing!
- There are no hidden costs, surprise fees or donation requests.
- With TurboTax Free, means free!
- You can file your return from the comfort of your own home, whether it be on your laptop, desktop, iPad, Mac or mobile device.
- It requires no credit cards, no appointments, and no tax office wait times.
- Just start your return when you want, and finish it quickly.
- You can start your return and if you don’t want to complete it in one sitting you can always sign back in later and finish it up.
- Quick & Easy
We make it easy to fill out your return by taking you through the process step-by-step and double checking for entry errors before you file. We make it easy to claim your credits and deductions with just the click of a few buttons. From medical expenses to caregiver credits, we’ve always got you covered.
- Imports your Information for you
With our free product, you can import all of your important tax information for this year straight from the Canada Revenue Agency using CRA’s Auto-fill My Return (AFR). We do the work for you, so you don’t have to spend the time manually entering it. For COVID related information, you will find everything you need to know here.
- Maximum Refund Guarantee
We guarantee we will get you the maximum refund you’re entitled to. By maximizing your credits and deductions with complete accuracy and precision, you will get every penny you should. If you NETFILE your return, the average processing time is 10 business days. Paper filers can tack on another four to six weeks to that time. COVID has slowed the mailing process across Canada, so it may take longer.
Don’t forget these Deductions
When doing your taxes, be sure to understand what credits and deductions apply to you. Here is a list of commonly missed ones by individuals:
- Medical expenses
- Union and professional dues
- Child care expenses
- Moving expenses
- Student loan interest
- Employment expenses reported on a T777, with a T2200 (Declaration of Conditions of Employment).
- NEW –COVID related information
What’s the Difference Between TurboTax Free and Other Online Editions?
TurboTax Free has everything you need to enter your tax info accurately, no matter what your tax situation. It’s got all the necessary nuts and bolts.
If you want to transfer your TurboTax Online return from last year into your current year return, you can choose to purchase the Plus bundle which allows you to have phone support, carry-forward options and store your tax return for 7 years. Or, you can choose to upgrade to the Standard edition as the Free edition doesn’t include prior years’ transfers.
TurboTax Free has all the basics you need to get these amounts into your return; therefore, if you want extra expert guidance with stuff like optimizing RRSPs, investments, rental income or self-employment income, you’ll want to check out our TurboTax Standard, Premier or TurboTax Self-Employed editions.
Other available options
Answer a few simple questions on our product recommender and we can help guide you to the right edition that will reflect your personal circumstances.
You can always start your return in TurboTax Free, and if you feel the need for additional assistance, you can upgrade to any of our paid editions mentioned above. Alternatively, we have a team of LIVE experts, waiting to assist you. Last thought, if you start in the Free edition, and decide to upgrade along the way, all your information will be instantly carried over so you can pick up where you left off.
To learn more about our software, review the links provided below:
- How to Do Taxes Online in Canada for Free
- What’s New in TurboTax FREE
- Get Your FREE Time Back! With TurboTax FREE – Canada
Happy Free Filing with TurboTax!