There is no reason to wait to get your taxes done. Whether it’s getting organized, knowing which credits apply to you, or the thought of paying someone to do your taxes, TurboTax has several tax solutions, and experts in your corner, that will help you overcome any uncertainty you have about tax-time! You can even do your taxes online for free with simple to use software approved by the CRA!
Do Your Taxes Online For Free With TurboTax Free
TurboTax Free is a CRA certified, completely free online software, includes all the forms and schedules you need to prepare and file a complete and accurate return. It can easily handle simple and complicated tax situations helping you do your taxes online for free.
TurboTax Free runs in your web browser, so any device – including your mobile phone – with a current web browser will work.
With the CRA’s Auto-fill my return, you can download your current year tax information directly from the CRA in just a few clicks and import I right into your return – this helps save you time! Just remember though, that some forms might not all be in the CRA yet, depending on when you start your return, so make sure you double-check that the downloaded forms are the ones you expected.
Check out TurboTax Free in action:
According to a recent survey, the most daunting parts of the tax preparation process for more than a third of Canadians. Keeping track of your receipts year-round can make a huge difference at tax time. There are lots of great apps that can help. If you’re self-employed, QuickBooks Self-Employed or QuickBooks Online, have mobile apps that make it easy to stay in control of your business finances and help you prepare for tax time while on the go with an effortless expense, mileage, and invoice tracking all in one place.
With the Canada Revenue Agency’s Auto-fill my return, individuals can access common income slips ( T4s, T3s, and T5s), government benefit slips, RRSP receipts, and unused tuition credits, then automatically import the data right into TurboTax’s free online software. All the relevant info will be populated into your tax return, saving you time and effort. Just remember though, that some forms might not all be in the CRA yet, depending on when you start your return, so make sure you double-check that the downloaded forms are the ones you expected
Commonly Missed Deductions
When doing your taxes, be sure to understand what credits and deductions apply to you – some of the deductions most commonly missed by individuals who don’t have such support are:
- Medical expenses
- Union and professional dues
- Child care expenses
- Moving expenses
- Student loan interest
- Employment expenses reported on a T777, with a T2200 (Declaration of Conditions of Employment).
While you’re getting organized, look for these receipts – it will save you time when you sit down to do your taxes.
Prepare and File Your Taxes Online!
TurboTax Free features a fresh, intuitive design and simple instructions that make it easy for you to enter your personal information and select your tax slips accurately and completely so they can be confident your return is done right.
- Find all the slips you need quickly and easily with a simple keyword search or select from our suggested slips. Unlike other free services, TurboTax Free includes a complete A-Z list of deductions to make it easy for customers to find the deductions that apply to them.
- TurboTax Free includes guidance to help you file with confidence. With TurboTax Free, you get guidance at the topic level. For instance, if you are a student, you will be guided through the student section.
- TurboTax Free helps you find all your tax savings opportunities through the review section that provides both suggestions on credits/deductions that may apply to your situation, as well as ones that do apply. Then TurboTax Free will guide you back through your return and help you apply the recommendations where appropriate.
- Customer support: If you have questions, find the answer you need right in TurboTax Free, on our social media accounts, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Youtube, our Community, and our Tax Tips blog which includes hundreds of tax and product tips. Or, for extra support, choose the $11.99 Plus Bundle to get Customer Support by phone, Carry Forward from previous years returns, and storing your return in TurboTax for seven years.
Once you calculate your payment or refund, you can upload it to the CRA via Netfile. If you submit your return using Netfile, you can get your refund in as few as 10 business days. Filing by mail usually takes up to 8 weeks.