The Child Disability Benefit is paid out monthly to Canadian families who care for a child or children under the age of 18, with a long term physical or mental impairment.

To qualify you must be eligible for the Canada Child Benefit (CCB) and the child must be eligible for the Disability Tax Credit (DTC). This means that you will have to provide the Canada Revenue Agency with a signed T2201 – Disability Tax Credit Certificate form filled out by your child’s doctor before you can claim this credit. CRA then needs to approve the credit before you can make the claim on Line 31800 – Disability Amount Transferred from a Dependant of your Income Tax and Benefit Return.

For further assistance, refer to the links below from the CRA:

What Edition of TurboTax Is Right for Me?

Answer a few simple questions on our product recommender and we can help guide you to the right edition that will reflect your individual circumstances.

You can always start your return in TurboTax Free, and if you feel the need for additional assistance, you can upgrade to any of our paid editions or get live help from an expert with our Assist & Review or Full Service*. But don’t worry, while using the online version of the software when you choose to upgrade, your information is instantly carried over so you can pick up right where you left off.

*TurboTax Live™ Full Service is not available in Quebec.