Prince Edward Island is Canada’s smallest province, in both population and land size. Despite its small size, visitors flock from all over to enjoy its beautiful rolling hills, beaches, and charming island culture.
Prince Edward Island has a tax system similar to other Canadian provinces. Many of the provincial taxes and credits for residents of Prince Edward Island compliment similar credits at the federal level, but there are some unique credits for residents of Prince Edward Island.
Progressive Tax Rate Structure
As with most provinces, Prince Edward Island uses a progressive tax structure.
The tax brackets increase each year, based on inflation. Visit the CRA’s Prince Edward Island page for this year’s tax bracket rates.
Prince Edward Island’s Tax Brackets for Tax Year 2018
- 9.8%: first $31,984
- 13.8%: over $31,984 up to $63,969
- 16.7%: over $63,969
Prince Edward Island Credits
- Volunteer Firefighter Tax Credit: You can claim a $500 for volunteering as a firefighter. Learn more.
References & Resources:
Provincial tax brackets
- Alberta Tax Brackets
- British Columbia Tax Brackets
- Manitoba Tax Brackets
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tax Brackets
- New Brunswick Tax Brackets
- Northwest Territories Tax Brackets
- Nova Scotia Tax Brackets
- Nunavut Tax Brackets
- Ontario Tax Brackets
- Prince Edward Island Tax Brackets
- Québec Tax Brackets
- Saskatchewan Tax Brackets
- Yukon Tax Brackets