Prince Edward Island is Canada’s smallest province, in both population and land size. Despite its small size, visitors flock from all over to enjoy its beautiful rolling hills, beaches, and charming island culture.
Prince Edward Island has a tax system similar to other Canadian provinces. Many of the provincial taxes and credits for residents of Prince Edward Island compliment similar credits at the federal level, but there are some unique credits for residents of Prince Edward Island.
Progressive Tax Rate Structure
As with most provinces, Prince Edward Island uses a progressive tax structure. The tax brackets may increase each year, based on inflation. Visit the CRA’s Prince Edward Island page for this year’s tax bracket rates.
Prince Edward Island’s Income Tax Rates for Tax Year 2019
- 9.8% on the first $31,984
- 13.8% the portion over $31,984 and no more than $63,969
- 16.7% on the portion over $63,969
Prince Edward Island Provincial Tax Credits
- Volunteer Firefighter Tax Credit: You can claim a $500 for volunteering as a firefighter. Learn more.
For more details on provincial Tax Credits, please click here.
For budget changes for 2020, please review this link.
TurboTax has been serving Canadians since 1993. It is the #1 selling tax preparation software across the country. We have a variety of product options to serve every individual’s needs. Recently added a LIVE service to enable our customers to have access to tax experts at the tip of your fingers. Go ahead and give it a try! Easy to use with a choice of support options to assist you with all your taxation needs.
References & Resources:
Provincial tax brackets
- Alberta Tax Brackets
- British Columbia Tax Brackets
- Manitoba Tax Brackets
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tax Brackets
- New Brunswick Tax Brackets
- Northwest Territories Tax Brackets
- Nova Scotia Tax Brackets
- Nunavut Tax Brackets
- Ontario Tax Brackets
- Prince Edward Island Tax Brackets
- Québec Tax Brackets
- Saskatchewan Tax Brackets
- Yukon Tax Brackets
Looking for an income tax calculator for your province or territory?
- Alberta tax calculator
- British Columbia tax calculator
- Manitoba tax calculator
- New Brunswick tax calculator
- Newfoundland and Labrador tax calculator
- Nova Scotia tax calculator
- Ontario tax calculator
- Prince Edward Island tax calculator
- Quebec tax calculator
- Saskatchewan tax calculator
- Northwest Territories tax calculator
- Nunavut tax calculator
- Yukon tax calculator