Having used the TurboTax Live Full Service, you know there are few things to do prior to your meeting with the TurboTax Expert who will be completing your 2018 Canadian Tax Return (T1) for you. We’re here to equip you with all the items to check off your list to ensure you have a successful meeting with your tax expert!
5 Steps to take in order to have a successful meeting
- Go to TurboTax.ca and click on “I’ll have an expert do my taxes for me”.
- Choose regular of self-employed
- Gather all of the relevant tax-related materials that you need in order to have your tax return prepared for you. If you have done this before, then you already have access to the CRA’s MyAccount, which means you just need to gather everything else. If you are not sure what else you need, your Tax Expert will let you know.
- Upload your documents via the encrypted link sent to you by your Tax Expert
- Meet with them one last time, at your convenience, to go over the return that they will be filing for you.
Then all you have to do is figure out what to do with all the free time you will because your tax return will be prepared, and sent to the CRA on your behalf.
To assist with this problem, we have some suggestions about what to do with your free time;
- Create a TurboTax jingle
- See if there really are no two snowflakes which are alike
- Take cooking classes
- Learn a new language
- Read the Income Tax Act… Then the Excise Tax Act
- Anything else you want to do…