CRA & Revenu Québec

Tax Tip: Filing Taxes If You Work in Quebec but Live In another Province

Individuals who worked during the year in Quebec but are a resident of another province need to include any withholding amounts such as income tax and Canada Pension Plan in their tax return. If Quebec Pension Plan contributions were paid, they are treated the same as CPP contributions. Individuals file their returns based on the province or territory in which they resided as of December 31st regardless of which province their employment income was earned. The Quebec provincial income tax is disclosed on line 437 of the individual’s tax return as part of the total income tax deducted.