Tax Tip: How Do I Receive the GST/HST Credit After a Separation?


If you are separated from your spouse or common-law partner, you’re entitled to the GST/HST credit once you let the Canada Revenue Agency know about your marital status change.

To report the change in status, notify your local tax center with a written letter or submit Form RC65, Marital Status Change after you have been living separately for more than 90 days without reconciling.

References & Resources

Key Concepts

  • GST credit separation
  • GST/HST credit
  • Receiving GST credit